Pilgrimage To The Islands is an event which is being held in Crossman Hall at The Holy Island of Lindisfarne, on Easter Saturday 2018. Celebrating a healthy mix of art. film, music, nature and tradition of the north east coastline, industry and heritage. Please note this cultural event is of very limited capacity.
Confirmed Artists & program to include;
- *Kathryn Tickell & Amy Thatcher - Northumbriand Pipes with Accordian and Clog Dancing.
- *An intimate solo performance from Kathryn Williams
- A Nature Walk - Bird and wildlife watching with a local expert (limited places only)
- The Darker Side of Birding - A talk by Social Scientist Dr Audrey Verma.
- The Pitmatics - Art inspired by life and work in Ashington, Northumberland.
- Hector Gannet - Performing their live soundtrack 'Moving North: Coastal' to historic archive local film footage.
- St James Infirmary - Perfrom How The North Was Won, and Lost.
- Sally Wheatley - Johny Brown; Band of Holy Joy, & Gary Chaplin: Quarterlight in collaboration.
- Keep Breathing - An exquisite acoustic performance by one of Tyneside's best live bands.
- The Horse Loom - Northumbrian Guitarist, a marriage between British folk music, avant garde guitar playing and punk rock spirit.
- Ordinaryson - Lush acoustic sounds and melodies from Berwick Upon Tweed
- In Other Words - a remarkably gifted teenage Jazz trio from Tyneside
- Coach travel available from Newcastle and Northumberland (selected areas) for full day event.
- Day tickets on sale now at special price for *limited time only.
- Locally sourced food & drink will be availble.
- A chance to 'Walk The Pilgrims Route' from the mainland to the island (weather permitting)
- Ticket link at top of this page - includes option of ticket and return travel. *limited places only.
The Holy Island of Lindisfarne
Holy Island, Berwick Upon Tweed